Sunday, May 4, 2008

Georgia is beautiful

The flowers in Georgia in March and April are amazing. We didn't get any pictures of the Wysteria vines that grow all over the trees and look like 40 ft. tall purple waterfalls--those are my favorite. It's a lovely time of year but also terrible for allergy sufferers. The streets and cars have a constant yellow dusting of pollen, and sometimes it actually looks foggy or misty outside just from the pollen.

Just some of the beautiful blossoms on UGA campus. James took these with his new camera.

This is in front of James's building.

Across from James's building--the old building on the right is one of the original University buildings that is still in use.

A street in Five Points--the residential area by the University where a huge proporation of the professors live. (And yes, that's James's pride and joy parked on the street.)

The perfect house and yard.


Wouldn't you hate to live next door to these people?

11 comments:

Julie said...

They are all so beautiful! I love flowers. I'm ready to start seeing them in Utah.

Mary said...

very gorgeous! How much longer do you think you'll be there in Georgia? That's a pretty dumb question, coming from someone who said, "oh, Jeff should be done in another year" for about 5 years...

Jared and Katy said...

Hey Emily! I found your blog a long time ago and have been waiting for an update and today i noticed you did. But honestly I didn't know that you guys moved into a house! WOW CONGRADUALTIONS! And the new decor it very cute! Anyways I am definatley adding you to my friends list so I can check back more often!!

Judy said...

Georgia is gorgeous. I would love to come some time. Spring is a good time... next year??? We'll just have to see.

Em said...

Wow, now I think I DO need to move to Georgia! It is absolutely gorgeous. It is still snowing here, we haven't even been able to enjoy the spring, it has sucked 100%

John said...

New York and Maine had that pollen thing and John had to take an allergy pill everyday and even in the winter in Long Island. It sure is Beautiful. I still think of the east coast as my home even though I doubt I will ever get to live there again

Jeremy said...

those are really pretty. I'm glad you took pictures though--that is horrifying that the pollen gets that bad. :)

Caglefamily said...

ahh, I do miss some things about Georgia, mostly my good friends! I love the living room! Fun! We are working on our front room, which we are turning into an office so I will have to post pics when it's done.

Aloha_Misty said...

Wow! I can't wait to move to Georgia. It is beautiful. I added a link to your blog on my homepage. I hope that is okay!

Charis said...

What a beautiful street to live on. James got some great shots. GA really is a beautiful state.

Becca said...

wow. this makes me 100% sad to not be in GA right now. It's beautiful and it isn't very beautiful here this summer. It rains, and then it's hot, and then it snows, and then it's hot and then there's a fire, and then there's a flood -- I'm getting carried away but you get the point.

By the way, Grace's initials are GA. I thought I could call her georgia for a nic-name. I don't know why. for some reason it seems cute to me.