Sunday, November 23, 2008

Watkinsville Scarecrow 5K and Fall Festival

It's our yearly tradition to participate in the race and fall festival. This year I ran the race and James tucked the kids snuggly in the stroller to watch. Don't the look cozy? Doesn't it look cold? It was at first.I was happy with my time--28:47, as you can see. Slowly but surely I'm am getting a little bit faster. Woo hoo! Our good friends Brett and Alyson and their son Will did the races too. They all got amazing times.
Here is Henry, getting ready to start the kids 1 miles fun run. You see those clenched fists and that tense posture getting ready to run? Henry took this race very seriously. We "practiced" for it a few times ahead of time and he was very determined to be a fast runner and do his best.

Here he is at the end, holding his little finisher's ribbon. He ran the whole time without stopping and finished the race in 12:10. I was very impressed by his determination! He loves running. The highlight for him was finishing before James, who ran it with him. All he could say was, "I was faster than my dad!"

Here are the boys on a tractor from the hay rides in their lovely matching overalls. We didn't get any other pictures of the festival, but we did the usual--funnel cakes and shish kabobs, looking through the rock collectors' booth and all the craft booths and riding the pony and playing in the corn crib at the petting zoo. It was fun hanging out and we saw lots of friends there too. Good old Watkinsville. We sure will miss it.




4 comments:

Becca said...

hot cute! hahaha. I meant HOW CUTE. but hot cute sounds pretty funny.

anyway way to go on your running! you guys are so awesome. And i am so freakin' amazed that Henry ran that whole time. seriously, that's impressive. And that's about my running speed too, so Henry and I should be running partners.

Liz Robertson said...

your kids look adorable on that tractor, is that the slr camera? nice. and snuggled up...i can't believe a 4 year old can run a continuous mile!!! what an accomplishment.

Amy Eds said...

How cute! That's awesome that Henryran a whole mile! Impressive time Emily! I am hoping that my 5k time is getting faster--but I haven't run one for a long time--just been running on my treadmill!

Becca said...

hey Em -- it's been awhile. Time for a new post, eh?

love ya!