Sunday, September 12, 2010

Random Life


Well, much, much, MUCH has happened since my last post, as most of you know. It has been one of the busiest seasons of our lives. Everything changed. I thought I would write a couple posts about the last few months with some pictures. Pardon the randomness of it all.
Speaking of random, here is one of Henry's great Lincoln Log creations. He definitely thinks out of the box.
Not sure what to say about this one except that I was a little freaked out when Henry surprised me with his "mask." Luckily Wes didn't get too far other than one piece stuck in his hair.
Henry's graduation from Friendship Presbyterian Preschool. He had the best year imaginable with the sweetest teachers ever, Miss Chris and Miss Lisa. They are missed. Here he is with one of his good friends, Layla.
Our 4th of July celebration consisted of going to the downtown festival in Watkinsville. I'm going to miss all those cute, old-fashioned, smalltown events. We had a great time with our friends the Francoms, minus both James and Greg. Us grad student widows have to stick together, I guess. James worked literally around the clock all through June and July, so it was always me and the boys trying to stay out of his hair.

A particularly delicious pizza we made with some of the fresh basil and other produce from my awesome garden. Well, awesome until it was neglected by me and the heat wave hit. But it was a pretty great first try. We particularly enjoyed all the fresh herbs.

Actually this picture is a little ironic because what shortly ensued after the creation of the pizza was the sickest first trimester of pregnancy I've had yet. About the time of my last post (Mother's Day--nice timing) I found out our lives had yet another MAJOR change coming up. Kiddo #3! When it rains blessings, it pours. But it did complicate things a bit. Food was my dread and my enemy, and all my tastes changed from loving to cook and loving fresh foods, Asian, homemade this and that, to only being able to stand all the things I formerly avoided/disliked: processed foods, fast food, doughnuts, soda, junk, junk, junk. Were it not for my all consuming craving for orange juice and a few other items, I probably would have been admitted to the hospital for malnutrition. Fortunately, the sickness subsided quite a bit by the time James graduated at the end of July.
Henry played soccer this spring and was a pretty awesome player by the end. He really developed his confidence and abilities and was scoring great goals by the end. And thankfully, it was also the last season where poor Wes, the truer soccer lover, had to watch from the sidelines and be told he was too small.
Wes with his favorite puzzle. He can put together all 50 states by himself and there are no lines or pictures as clues or anything. Wes is a wild one but he is also one smart kid!

2 comments:

Liz Robertson said...

LOL on Henry's tape mask!

Em said...

Love the mask! So sorry about all the sickness, that is the worst. Ugh. It is crazy how much you crave 100% junk. I always wanted a crisp bean burrito from taco time. I ate one like everyday with sophie. Gross.

Love that Henry played soccer. James was in baseball and Harrison hated watching from the sidelines too. Next summer though.

Looks like you had a fun summer though. You guys are always having a good time. Way to be one heck of an awesome mom.